Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Wellington

The trip to Wellington was beautiful. We had fabulous warm weather the whole way and the drive proved to be easy. The first night we went out in Christchurch with friend J and his house mates. Christchurch is a city...kind of. It's much bigger than good ole Dunedin and has an feeling of city life about it...trendy shops, cool looking people with individual style, lots of delicious food options, and some nightlife. We managed to go to three different "clubs" but there was no one in any of them....how is that possible. In Honolulu there seem to be few options for places to go but each of those seems packed. *shrug* Music is different here too...there's a LOT of Drum and Bass...a LOT of Dub and similar types. Of course there's breaks too...gotta find more of those.

Anyway, 2nd day and night were spent in Kaikoura. I will provide photos when I'm back in Dunners and have my computer, but man. I honestly think that it is the most beautiful place I have ever been in my life. We did a short hike and spent lots of time hanging out on the smoothed stone beaches.

Then, off to Picton and the ferry to Wellington. Today I'm hanging with some other NSF funded nerds...good to be with them. Hopefully the time here will prove to be fun and educational. I'm sure of it.

More soon...

1 comment:

me-nikk said...

Your new blogs brings much happiness to my heart and smiles to both my face and eyes. :)

Happy adventures to you!

xoxoxo